My Car Quest

November 22, 2017

Beauty and Style

by Mike –

Beauty and style are a matter of personal taste, this stuff suits my taste.

Bizzarrini GT 5300 and beautiful women

Bizzarrini GT 5300 and friends.

Bizzarrini GT 5300

Bizzarrini GT 5300 alone. See more Bizzarrini GT 5300.

Ferrari Bertone

Ferrari Bertone at Pebble Beach.

Iso Grifo

Iso Grifo Series 1. See more Iso Grifo.

Ferrari 250 GTO

Ferrari 250 GTO.

Iso Grifo

Iso Grifo Series 2 in gold.

Ferrari 275 GTB Spyder

Ferrari 275 GTB Spyder.

Lamborghini Miura

Lamborghini Miura.

Iso, Lamborghini

Iso concept car.

Click on the images for a larger view.

Bizzarrini GT 5300

Bizzarrini GT 5300 drawing.

Enter your email address:

Comments

1. Gabriele Spangenberg says:

Fantastic. Where did you find all these beauties?

2. Mike Gulett says:

Gabriele,

The silver Bizzarrini and the red Grifo are my cars, the drawing at the bottom is a drawing of my Bizzarrini.

Several other pictures were sent to me by friends in the Iso/Bizzarrini community and I took the picture of the Miura and the 275 Spider at The Quail two years ago in Carmel. I always carry a camera with me just in case a great car is around.

Thanks for reading and looking.

3. Stephen Mitchell says:

You do know how to tantalize–great selection of photos!

4. Mike Gulett says:

Thank you Stephen.

5. Vasileios Papaidis says:

Dear Mike Gulett

The yellow car is…not an Iso Concept..:-)

Lamborghini Giugiaro Concept

The 1950 is Lamborghini wanted to build a sport car and so commissioned several design firms to create their proposals. The houses Pininfarina, Ghia, Vignale, Michelotti submitted their proposals by Carrozzeria Touring, which designer was a former employee of Bertone, Franco Scaglione, be that finally brings to life the 350 GT.50 years later, his son, Giugiaro decided to construct an original drawing of his father, who had planned even while working as an employee of Bertone, prior to leaving for Chia long before opening his own.. ItalDesign.
    The prototype you see is based entirely on projects of his father Fabrizio, who is the digitized and made a real model painted in yellow. The design seems. However, that was far ahead of its time. Reminiscent of something between a Ferrari P3, Ferrari 250 LM and Alfa Romeo BAT.

The car was created as a gift for the birthday 70sta Giorgetto Giugiaro and is now in knetrika company in Moncalieri, Italy.

6. Grifo4me says:

The Yellow car is the first Prototype for the Bertone Lamborghini Miura. Prior to leaving Bertone Giugiaro was given the task of designing a new car, but Bertone didn’t want to tell Giugiaro the customer because he suspected Giugiaro was going to leave, possibly taking the customer. Giugiaro was given the dimensions only and started the design, he assumed it was for Bizzarrini since the chassis was so close to a racing car.

Giugiaro did end up going to Ghia , but prior to his leaving he showed Gandini the drawings. After Giugiaro left he made some type of deal with Bizzarrini and Bizzarrini used the design for his new P538. Bizzarrini never disclosed who did the P538 design, but today it is clear after Giugiaro’s son pulled the drawing out all these years later.

So how did Gandini pull off making one of the most beautiful cars of all time on his first attempt? Easy he looked at Giugiaro’s drawings.

7. Vasileios and Grifo4me,

Thank you both for the comments. It is interesting that a concept design model has such a deep and rich history.