by Mike –
The sub-heading is 1967 ISO GRIFO serial-vin-CHASSIS # GL * 730143 * Found 40 + years 1 owner.
This is technically not a barn find because the car is sitting outside in the forest and no where near a barn, so I call it a Forest Find.
I spoke to the seller today and he points out that this Iso Grifo has not been in the public eye for many years. I agree that many in the Iso community do not know where this car was located or who owned it.
Here are some interesting features about this listing:
1) There are no pictures of this car on the US listing but there are pictures on the UK listing. This was just a technical glitch according to the seller.
2) The car is in the US (East Coast) but the seller wants to be paid in pounds sterling.
3) The deposit required within 48 hours of the end of the auction is 25,000 pounds sterling ($39,000). But the Buy it Now price is US $137,500.
4) The sellers expectations for what the car will be worth in the future – a direct quote is below:
“It does not have its GLASS, HOOD, WHEELS, ENGINE, or TRANSMISSION…
The CHEVROLET ENGINE & TRANSMISSION “ARE” EASILY FOUND at a “LOW COST”
After undergoing a complete Mechanical & Structural Restoration, This car will be worth in EXCESS of $250,000 to $300,000…DOLLARS and will be sure to rise to over $500,000…DOLLARS in the years to come…!!!”
5) Another direct quote from the listing:
“*****A PORTION OF THE PROCEEDS OF THIS AUCTION WILL BE DONATED FOR RESEARCH & SUPPORT FOR THE CURE OF CANCER*****”
It will be interesting to see what the market thinks this Iso Grifo is worth.
Click on the banner below to sign up for the My Car Quest Membership. For about 10 cents US per day you get full access to all of the Premium Articles.
After you click below then there are two OPTIONS:
OPTION 1: Click on the blue tag in the upper left of the Membership Page and become a My Car Quest Member for only $2.99 per month!
OPTION 2: Buy a one year Membership for $35 per year – click on the Pay Now button in the center of the Membership Page.
It is easy – all you need is a Credit Card or PayPal.