by Mike –
I saw this beautiful Ferrari at the Pebble Beach Concours d’Elegance in August 2013. Known as the “Geneva Coupe” it was shown at the Geneva Auto Salon in 1952!
A striking car in person it attracts much attention. I love the two tone colors in addition to the beautiful body shape. It has small tail fins that are attractive to my eye.
It is now up for auction by Gooding in Arizona this month.
Estimate: $1,700,000 – $2,200,000.
* A Spectacular Example of Italian Custom Coachwork
* The First of Six Such Vignale- Bodied Coupes
* Displayed at the 1954 San Remo Concours d’Elegance
* Fascinating, Well-Documented Provenance
* Exquisite Restoration to Original Appearance
* Retains Original, Matching-Numbers Engine
* FCA Platinum Award Winner at the 2013 Cavallino Classic
* Displayed at the 2013 Pebble Beach Concours d’Elegance
* Offered with Tool Roll, Owner’s Manual, and Extensive Historical File
* Documented by Ferrari Historian Marcel Massini
The original owner of this Ferrari was an American yet it is right-hand-drive. It is not a race car and as far as I can tell it was always a street car.