by Mike –
I do like Jaguars but you have to admit they are numerous. You can hardly go to a car show, or an auction, without seeing several. This green on green XK150 really caught my eye though.
1959 Jaguar XK150 S 3.4-Litre Roadster
* JDHT Documented Matching-Numbers Example
* Presented in Factory-Delivered Color Combination
* First in Class at a JCNA Event
* Meticulously Restored to Show Standards
* 3,442 CC DOHC Inline 6-Cylinder Engine
* Triple SU Carburetors
* 250 BHP at 5,500 RPM
* 4-Speed Manual Gearbox with Overdrive
* 4-Wheel Disc Brakes
* Independent Front Suspension
* Live Rear Axle with Semi-Elliptical Leaf Springs
The Gooding description of this Jaguar XK150 S Roadster is here. The estimate is $125,000 – $150,000 without reserve.
I really like the XK150, XK140 and XK120 Jaguars. There is an elegance about the styling that is unsurpassed. As I said above I love the green on green color combination of this example.
I also am impressed with the history, as described by Gooding, including the restoration, the awards won and the low 47,000 miles, which is less than 1,000 miles per year.
I think the estimate is reasonable and some lucky person is going to go home with a beautiful Jaguar XK150 Roadster.
Let us know what you think about this classic Jaguar in the Comments.
Subscribe to My Car Quest