by Mike –
Here is my pick for the classic car for sale today that I would like to own. The MG A Twin Cam is a rare car and in coupe form it is even more rare.
This is a stylish British sports car that is more rare that the Jaguar XKE, although this one is priced like an XKE.
1960 MG A Twin Cam
The seller says:
* The first 1960 Twin Cam built with left-hand drive for the U.S. market
* One of only 85 MG A Twin Cam coupes for North America
* Finished in beautiful Mineral Blue
* Equipped with the deluxe interior in grey leather piped in blue and set off by grey carpets
• Dunlop centerlock pin drive steel disc wheels
* Nut-and-bolt restoration, which was completed only a few months ago
* The dash, gauges, knobs, rubber body seals, steering wheel, and every other detail has been addressed to standards at least equal to, and often far better than, those of the MG factory
* MG built only 2,111 twin cams and only 323 of which were coupes
* It is a rare, high performance, highly desirable, beautifully and meticulously restored example of one of the pinnacles of MG history
This 1960 MG A Twin Cam is for sale here with a price of $63,500.
I have always liked the MG A and I once owned an MG Midget that I did not like so much.
This MG A is a great color and is set off nicely by the gray interior. With a 108 hp engine this is one of the faster MG As around and one of the few coupes. Most MG As are roadsters, so this one will get a lot of attention on the road or at a local show. I love those wheels, although I think the price is high.
Let us know what you think about this classic car in the Comments.
Subscribe to My Car Quest