by Mike –
Here is my pick for the classic car for sale today that I would like to own.
1970 Boss 429 Mustang
The seller says:
* This Boss 429 has been in the same family since day one and it drives and looks great
* Original Calypso Coral Boss 429 Mustang that is currently painted red
* The body is very solid and the original Boss 429 fenders are still in place
* Under the hood there’s a few items missing however the original carburetor, radiator, water pump and starter are included but not shown
* There were only 89 Coral Boss 429′s produced in 1970 and this is one of 76 with black interior.
* The original buck tag is still mounted on the radiator support and there’s a Marti Report available
The price is $159,000 and the car is located in Massachusetts.
Some questions that were not addressed in the sellers ad are: what is the milage?, in addition to the paint has there been any other restoration work?, is there any rust? has the car been in an accident?
I have always loved this Mustang model. It may be the fastest Mustang made in the 1960s, at least in a straight line. While this model was not a race car the engine was a race engine and was installed in this car by Kar Kraft for Ford so the engine could be homologated for use in Ford race cars.
I especially like the versions that do not have the rear window louvers and the rear air spoiler like most seem to have. Without these additions the beautiful lines can be admired as on this car.
Let us know what you think about this classic car in the Comments.
Subscribe to My Car Quest