by Mike –
Here is my pick for the classic car for sale today that I would like to own.
1963 Chevrolet Corvette Sting Ray Coupe – Split-Window
The seller says:
* Gorgeous Riverside Red 327/340 4-speed
* Purchased in 2004 from the original owner who had already restored it once it received an updated restoration in 2008
* The fiberglass is in top-notch condition with crisp details sharp lines and no signs of stress in the usual locations
* All the chrome was stripped and dipped the stainless was polished
* New black seat covers have been fitted to the original buckets
* During that 2008 restoration the original numbers-matching L76 327/340 was pulled and carefully stored and replaced with a 1964 327 built to the same specs
* Mileage is 69,245
This 1963 Chevrolet Corvette Split-Window Coupe is for sale on Hemmings in Atlanta, Georgia. The price is $83,995.
This is the first year that Chevrolet used the name Sting Ray for a production car. The split rear window was a major attention getter but this design was changed in 1964 because of concern for rear visibility. Chevrolet made 10,594 Corvette Split Window Coupes in 1963, so it is not exactly a rare car but still one of the most desirable Corvettes.
It appears like this Corvette comes with two engines, the original in a box and the one in the car for use. It also seems like this is a two owner car but the ad does not specifically say that so I would ask that question.
The price seems reasonable assuming the car, and the history, hold up to inspection.
Let us know what you think about this classic car in the Comments.
Subscribe to My Car Quest