by Mike –
This one-of-a-kind Lamborghini Espada sold for $214,500 at the Gooding auction in Monterey in August 2013. I believe this is a record price for an Espada at a public sale.
It has custom features from the factory and was driven by royalty once.
Does this sale mean all Espadas are now more valuable? Read on and let us know what you think in the Comments.
* One of Only 186 Series 1 Espadas Built
* Groundbreaking Bertone Design
* Originally Delivered with Distinctive Plexiglas Roof and Metallic Blue Paint
* Driven by Prince Rainier and Princess Grace at the 1969 Monaco Grand Prix
* Displayed at Numerous Auto and Trade Shows Throughout the US
* Offered with Important Original Documentation
* Matching-Numbers Example
* Exhibited at the 2008 Quail Motorsports Gathering
* An Extremely Rare and Exotic 1960s Supercar
This one-off Espada once driven by royalty sets a new price record for the Espada model – the big question is does this have any impact on other Espada prices? I know of at least one dealer who is trying to use this sale to boost the price of his Espada for sale.